Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day + 5

Mia is doing as well as can be expected.  Her numbers should bottom out today or tomorrow.  She had a good day today, spending much of the day sitting by the window. 
A big part of her care is taking care of her mouth.  Here she is with her nurse cleaning her mouth.  This generally leads to all kinds of gagging and throwing up.  However when she is done her color is better and her breathing sounds much better.
Today I took a break with some other parents.  It seems as though everyone here has a rare or unusual or tricky diagnosis.  I guess that makes sense.  I will admit that Mia's diagnosis is not encouraging, however I am so glad we are not dealing with some of the things the other parents are.  Mia's treatment seems to be going very well and seems to be working.  I am optimistic about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment