Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day -4

Today I was a little late getting to the hospital so the nurse's tech came in to keep Mia company. She made her a beautiful Princess Mia crown. Mia was off of her oxygen and feeling much better.
Today I went to Relief Society in Salt Lake City 27th ward.  I was also able to attend Sacrament  meeting in the Primary Children's Branch.  Both meetings helped me immensely.  I feel renewed and buoyed up for the coming week.  I am so thankful for the gospel, for the plan of salvation and for my testimony of Jesus Christ's atonement.  This experience would be unbearable without the gospel and the church organization.

Last night I was feeling a little pitiful because I was missing my family, my home, my friends.  Despite being around people all day long this existence is lonely.  I am not much of a joiner.  I am not very good with meeting people or making friends.  So this morning as I sat in the dining room, a woman asked me if I was going to Primary Childrens'. I said yes but not for about an hour and a half and that I would be happy to give her a ride then.  But as I sat eating my cereal I felt prompted to offer to take her before church.  I had just enough time to take her and make it to the church building on time.  So I did.  We chatted on the way and I made sure she knew when I would be leaving if she wanted a ride back.  Such a little thing but I felt so much better for helping someone else. So thankful for someone else whose name I know.  I hope that I can remain open to promptings that may come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment