Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Day with Heidi

When Andrew turned nine Casey took him to Seattle for a Mariners game.  So when Heidi turned nine she was supposed to get a trip with mom, but with everything going on with Mia we hadn't done anything yet.  
So on Monday I took Mia in to have her numbers checked.  Her neutrophils were up to 1100, but her platelets were pretty low 39 and her hemoglobin was also low,7.4.  Her next appointment would be on Thursday to see if she was ready to start chemo again.  On our way home from clinic, Icalled Casey to say that if I was going to take Heidi anywhere this summer it had to be that day.  So on Monday afternoon, I took Heidi to Costco to get Lagoon tickets.  She was very excited.  Together we drove down to Ogden where we stayed with Aunt Jill and Uncle Doug.

Here we are having dinner at Perkins in Burley on the way to Ogden.
We went to Lagoon on Tuesday and spent 10 hours there! Unfortunately I didn't get very many pictures because I didn't carry it with me because I didn't want to lose my phone on a ride.  Heidi had never been on a roller coaster before.  We went on 3 or four including Colossus, which we both rode with our eyes closed.  We spent 3 hours at the water park, where our favorite ride was Outrigger.  WE walked through Pioneer village.  They have an amazing amount of stuff there! 
This is at the Model train museum.

This is in the telephone museum.  We also loved riding Rattlesnake Rapids, even though we got completely drenched.

Here is Heidi enjoying her ice cream.  We had so much fun!  I needed the break and Heidi needed some one on one time with Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment